Research 101 is your starter-kit for college-level research. Improve your research skills with the self-guided tutorials and videos below.
Do you have a research assignment and don’t know where to start? The Research 101 Tutorial will take you through the steps of the research process in six self-guided lessons: Begin Research, Understand Information Sources, Find Sources, Search Strategies, Evaluate Sources, and Cite Sources.
*If you are a student in an English or COMS class taking a library workshop, go through the tutorial above and complete the Research Notebook.
How-to Guides and Handouts
- Research Process Tips
- Research Process Tips ENGL 149
- Evaluating the Credibility of Information Sources
- Locating Books in Kennedy Library
- Cite Sources
- Use Images and Data Visualizations
- Information About Cal Poly
How-to Videos at Kennedy Library
Featured video: Types of Information Sources