The Faculty Advisory Committee is charged with advising the Dean of Library Services on matters and decisions concerning library services and resources. Its purpose is to strengthen the connection between Kennedy Library and Cal Poly faculty. The committee advises the Dean of Library Services on matters relating to general policy, it acts as a sounding board for proposed major initiatives and serves as a communication link between the library and Cal Poly faculty.
The committee’s responsibilities include reviewing, discussing, and making recommendations concerning strategies, policies, procedures and services relating to the academic use of library space and facilities, systems and resources. The Dean of Library Services chairs the committee. The Faculty Advisory Committee is composed of a faculty member nominated by each College Dean, one faculty representative from Kennedy Library, nominated by the Dean of Library Services and one Academic Senate representative, nominated by the Executive Committee of the Academic Senate. The committee meets regularly about six times per year, or as needed.
- Serve as liaisons to respective constituencies and provide input on faculty use of library space, facilities and resources
- Disseminate information to and feedback from areas of representation
- Review and comment on policies, standards and guidelines affecting faculty use of library’s services and resources
- Help set priorities related to library strategic directions and initiatives
- Research and bring forward matters related to evolving library roles in the context of the changing academic environment at Cal Poly and beyond
- Submit annual report of activities to Provost, via Senior Vice-Provost for Academic Programs and Planning
- One faculty representative from each college, nominated by the College Dean
- One Academic Senate representative, nominated by the Executive Committee of the Academic Senate
- One faculty representative from Kennedy Library, nominated by the Dean of Library Services
Committee appointments are made annually by the Provost and Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs. The term of appointment is two years and can be renewed for an additional two-year term. Ad hoc members and guests from Kennedy Library and other campus units may be invited by the chair to participate on an as needed basis to address specific issues under discussion.
- Adriana Popescu (Committee chair)
- Jennifer Shields (CAED)
- Lynn Hamilton (CAFES)
- Molly Loberg (CLA)
- Tao Yang (CENG)
- Tanya Flushman (CSM)
- Stern Neill (OCOB)
- Kevin Lin (Academic Senate representative)
- Brett Bodemer (Library faculty representative)