News and stories
Read stories on Kennedy Library’s news and stories feed.
We work together to connect you with technology, resources, and people
Download the 2016-17 Faculty Guide: Getting Connected
- 2016-17 Annual Report
- The academic year 2016-17 was focused on student success: we reached more than half of the student population through research instruction sessions; we saw a dramatic increase in attendance at our Cal Poly Authors events; and we increased the programmatic support for graduate students by offering specialized workshops and assistance for thesis research.
- 2015-16 Annual Report
- In 2015-16, $500,000 in student success fees to the library that allowed us to move forward with some exceptional building transformations. Read about these and other highlights in the 2015-16 report.
- 2015 Annual Publication
- In July 2015, Kennedy Library joined Cal Poly’s division of Academic Programs and Planning, reflecting an emerging vision of the library as an important academic partner in powering student learning and faculty achievement. Read about highlights in 2014-2015.
- 2013 Annual Publication
- The Information Services annual publication is for friends of the Center for Teaching, Learning and Technology, Information Technology Services and Robert E. Kennedy Library. Our highlights include the launching of our new Data Studio, website and blog, as well as recognition of outstanding programs and students.
- 2011-2012 Annual Publication
- Read stories and see media from happenings at the library. This edition includes an interview with Director of Library Information Technology Dale Kohler, who gives an overview of how student feedback has changed the library.
- 2010-2011 Annual Publication
- Kennedy Library celebrates 30 years on the Cal Poly campus. We also take a look at new directions: from the new Leadership Council to new Student Advisory Council; from LibRATS to OLLI at Cal Poly; from Learn by Doing to funds for the future.
- 2009-2010 Annual Publication
- This Annual Publication celebrates the legacy of Dr. Robert E. Kennedy and his wife, Mary. Photos and stories of library events and happenings.
- 2008-2009 First Annual Publication
- 2008 was an amazing year for Kennedy Library. We put together our first-annual publication filled with stories and photos highlighting some of our big events.
- Cal Poly: The First Hundred Years
Authors: Nancy Loe, Dan Howard-Greene and others
- A century of achievement is chronicled in this illustrated history of Cal Poly, which draws upon materials from the University Archives collection. It is an excellent reference book as well as an enjoyable read that features more than 250 illustrations, including vintage black-and-white photos, aerials of the campus from May of 2000, and colorful ephemera such as yearbooks and sports programs. The volume chronicles the story of learn-by-doing at Cal Poly, from its beginnings as a co-educational vocational high school during the Progressive Era to its present-day standing as one of the country’s leading undergraduate polytechnic universities.
- A Vast Pastoral Domain
Authors: Josephine Clifford and De Guy Cooper
- The rural character of San Luis Obispo County in the 1870s is captured in this facsimile edition. Included are reprints of Josephine Clifford’s descriptive article, “Tropical California” and of De Guy Cooper’s promotional monograph, History of San Luis Obispo County. Vintage sketches and period advertisements add visual appeal to this unique paperback volume.
- San Luis Obispo Tribune: Souvenir Railroad Edition
Edited By: Nancy Loe; Introduction by: Jeff Fairbanks; Foreword by: Loren Nicholson
- The San Luis Obispo Tribune Souvenir Railroad Edition was originally published by the local newspaper in celebration of the coming of the railroad to what was then a very remote area. Produced for the centennial of that event, this facsimile edition provides us with a snapshot of life in San Luis Obispo in 1894. Not available for purchase.
- San Simeon Revisited
Edited By: Nancy Loe
- This illustrated limited edition features a sampling of the correspondence between architect Julia Morgan and her client, wealthy publisher William Randolph Hearst in 1919, as they embark upon the early building stages of his fabled San Simeon estate. Architect and client would continue work on this project until 1945.
“Ride High You Mustangs” as performed by the Men’s Glee Club 1971
“All Hail Green & Gold” as performed by the Men’s and Women’s Glee Club 1971
- Kennedy Library Communications
- An internal communications handbook that we share as a possible framework for other academic libraries, especially those who have several students and staff contributing to a library’s social media.
Web communications handbook
- Kennedy Library Web Communications
- An internal web communications handbook and “simple guide to good web content”. We would like to share this as a possible framework for other academic libraries and higher education institutions.
- Strategic Plan, 2015-2022
- A multi-year plan, organized around outcomes for our community, that identifies 5-10 major projects, mapped against a timeline of 5-7 years, and guided by our ‘system of action’ – the activities and outcomes we want our community to experience.
Find an archive of monthly faculty updates (12/14 to 05/15) on DigitalCommons@CalPoly.