Each department has slight variations on the senior project submissions process outlined below, so check with your department first.
Step 1: Download and fill out the Senior project requirement form
- You and your advisor must sign the form in the appropriate areas.
- Only one form per project is required, no matter the number of authors.
- Print one copy of the completed form for the Kennedy Library. Your department may also require additional copies of the form — consult with your advisor.
Step 2: Get a Cashier’s Receipt
- Pay the $12 senior project processing fee online or in person:
- To pay in person (cash or check only), go to the Cashier’s window in the Administration Building.
- To pay online (debit or credit card):
- Log in to your Cal Poly portal
- Click on “Money Matters” tab
- Select “Make Payment Now”
- Select “Click Here to Make an Online Payment” at the top of the page
- In the right hand menu you should see an option to pay either senior project or master’s thesis fee.
- The senior project fee should only be paid once, no matter the number of authors.
- Attach the original receipt to the Senior Project Requirement Form and keep a copy of the receipt for your records.
Step 3: Deliver the completed Senior Project Requirement Form and Cashier’s Receipt to your Department Office
- Your Department Office will advise you on the upload of your completed and signed Senior Project Requirement Form and Cashier’s Receipt to the library.
- Submission options include: (1) scanning the materials and emailing them to Digital Commons Staff ude.yloplacnull@snommoclatigid or (2) submitting the materials via campus mail to Senior Projects, Kennedy Library, Building 35.
Step 4: Upload your advisor-approved senior project to DigitalCommons@CalPoly
- To upload your project, go to DigitalCommons@CalPoly, click on the link in the sidebar “Submitting a Senior Project?”, click on your department, and select “Submit Senior Project” in the sidebar.
What happens next?
- Once the library receives all required documentation – the Senior Project Requirement Form; Cashier’s Receipt; and your uploaded senior project (note: you will receive an automated email confirming your project has been received) – the library will make your senior project viewable on DigitalCommons@CalPoly and you will receive an email confirming your project is available to the public.