Reproduction Services

The Special Collections and Archives department provides both quick reproduction and high-quality reproduction services for a fee. Restrictions may apply to items, series, or entire collections due to donor agreements, copyright restrictions, or fragility of materials. We reserve the right to limit or refuse duplication.
Requests For Personal Research Use
Requests for Permission to Publish
Fee Schedule

Requests for Reproduction for Personal Research Use

Reproductions are provided for personal research and do not include permission to produce, reproduce, publish, exhibit, broadcast, or electronically disseminate the reproduced materials. Permission for these uses must be obtained by separate agreement(s) with the Special Collections and Archives department. In addition, drawings from the collection may not be used to build new structures.

To order reproductions of materials from Special Collections and Archives for personal research use, please read and complete the Reproduction Request Form. Contact with us at ude.yloplacnull@sevihcra for assistance.

Send the completed form with a check or money order (made payable to Cal Poly Library) for the total cost of the copies, and the processing fee to:

Special Collections and Archives
Kennedy Library, Cal Poly
1 Grand Ave.
San Luis Obispo, CA 93407

Orders are generally sent within 10 business days of receipt of payment.

Requests for Permission to Publish

To publish, produce, reproduce, exhibit, broadcast, or disseminate Special Collections and Archives materials, including in electronic formats:

  1. Download and complete the Permission to Publish Worksheet and return it to a Special Collections staff member or ude.yloplacnull@sevihcra.
  2. Special Collections staff will create a Permission to Publish Licensing Agreement using your completed Reproduction Worksheet. Fees may apply. Contact ude.yloplacnull@sevihcra with questions.

Fee Schedule

Service Patron Price/Copy
Reference JPG or PDF All $1/page (or image)
High resolution digital scans of loose-leaf items smaller than 12×18 inches (JPG or TIF) Students, educators, CSU affiliates (faculty, staff, alumni), San Luis Obispo County residents* Existing scans:

  • $5 each
New scan or adjustment to existing scan:

  • $10 each
Others Existing scans:

  • $10 each
New scan or adjustment on existing scan:

  • $25 each
Large-format, bound objects audio, or audio-visual materials All Cost of labor, materials, and/or vendor charge
Licensing Fee For commercial use $150 per item, per use (No charge for non-commercial use)
 Additional Fees
Processing fees Students, educators, CSU affiliates (faculty, staff, alumni), San Luis Obispo County residents $5 per order
Others $10 per order
Rush fees – 24 Hours All 200%
Rush fees – 48 Hours All 100%
Shipping (excludes digital-only orders) All At cost

* Cal Poly affiliates receive first 100 reproductions per year from University Archives at no cost