Read stories on Kennedy Library’s blog, OutLoud.
We work together to connect you with technology, resources, and people
Download the 2015-16 Faculty Guide: Getting Connected
- 2013 Annual Publication
- The Information Services annual publication is for friends of the Center for Teaching, Learning and Technology, Information Technology Services and Robert E. Kennedy Library. Our highlights include the launching of our new Data Studio, website and blog, as well as recognition of outstanding programs and students.
- 2011-2012 Annual Publication
- Read stories and see media from happenings at the library. This edition includes an interview with Director of Library Information Technology Dale Kohler, who gives an overview of how student feedback has changed the library.
- 2010-2011 Annual Publication
- Kennedy Library celebrates 30 years on the Cal Poly campus. We also take a look at new directions: from the new Leadership Council to new Student Advisory Council; from LibRATS to OLLI at Cal Poly; from Learn by Doing to funds for the future.
- 2009-2010 Annual Publication
- This Annual Publication celebrates the legacy of Dr. Robert E. Kennedy and his wife, Mary. Photos and stories of library events and happenings.
- 2008-2009 First Annual Publication
- 2008 was an amazing year for Kennedy Library. We put together our first-annual publication filled with stories and photos highlighting some of our big events.
- Cal Poly: The First Hundred Years
- On March 8, 2001, Cal Poly’s 100th birthday, Kennedy Library released Cal Poly: The First Hundred Years. The rich holdings of Kennedy Library’s University Archives have been captured in the first published history of the university, featuring more than 250 illustrations that include vintage black-and-white photos, aerials of the campus from May of 2000, and colorful ephemera such as yearbooks and sports programs.
- Kennedy Library Communications
- An internal communications handbook that we share as a possible framework for other academic libraries, especially those who have several students and staff contributing to a library’s social media.
Web Communications Handbook
- Kennedy Library Web Communications
- An internal web communications handbook and “simple guide to good web content”. We would like to share this as a possible framework for other academic libraries and higher education institutions.
Find our monthly faculty updates on DigitalCommons@CalPoly.
Our website got a new look and feel with a more intuitive structure that makes it easier to find what you need.
It’s also compatible with any display, from your smart phone to a lecture-hall projector. Connect with us from anywhere!
The site is not just more appealing, it’s also more functional.
The goal of our completely new navigation is to make the site simpler and more consistent.
One search box means you can search books, articles, and information at once, and see the results you need in one place.
Our new website is responsive, and adapts to all types of displays and browsers.
Try the new touch-friendly mobile navigation menu!
The website also features a color-coded, real-time display of open hours on every page. The color changes depending on whether the library is open or closed.
Our library chat is now more prominent on all pages and also changes color, so it’s easy to know when chat help is available.
Never miss an event or exhibit at the library. The new calendar of library events enables visitors to add events to their Google calendar.
We did studies to develop a user-centric layout and intuitive language, enabling everyone to access information quicker.
More on social media
We share podcasts and videos that feature faculty, students, Special Collections and more.
Join in from the website to be part of the community.
Your suggestions help us to continuously improve our website.
An accessible feedback button allows you to say what you think. We want to know!