Humanities and Social Sciences Librarian
General Education Instruction and Reference Coordinator
- Foster synergies across the humanities, arts and social sciences through active work with faculty and students in the College of Liberal Arts.
- Design and deliver classroom and web-based information literacy instruction for the College of Liberal Arts.
- Build curriculum-aligned collections in the Robert E. Kennedy Library through close consultation with faculty in the College of Liberal Arts.
- Integrate information competence and technology-driven educational tools into curricula.
- Provide in-person and virtual reference and research support to students and faculty.
- Coordinate outreach and instruction for lower division GE courses, via a team of librarians and student LibRATs (Library Reference Assistance Technicians).
- Coordinate, evaluate, and refresh reference provision at the Research Help Desk.
- LibRAT wrangler in chief – hiring, training, evaluating, and advancing the LibRAT program.
(2009) Master of Library and Information Science. University of Hawaii.
(2006) Master of Languages and Literature of Europe and the Americas (French). University of Hawaii. Thesis: Pantagruel's Seventh Chapter: The Title as Suspect Codpiece.
Bodemer, B. (2008) John Hedley in North China and Inner Mongolia, 1897-1912. Norwalk, CT : EastBridge.
Bodemer, B, with Brown, K. and Crowther, J. (2009) "Eyes Wide Open," Public Services Quarterly Vol. 5 (2): 148-154.
Bodemer, B. (1999) "The Unexpected Import: A Disquisition on the Days of Proto-Haiku," Modern Haiku Vol. 33 (2): 57-80. Winner of the Richard R. Imig Prize.
Bodemer, B. (2010) "The Information Master: Jean-Baptiste Colbert's Secret State Intelligence System," Libraries & the Cultural Record, Vol. 45 (3): 372-374.
Bodemer, B. (2008) "La Bibliothèque Parisienne de Gabriel Naudé en 1630: les lectures d'un libertine èrudite," Libraries & the Cultural Record Vol. 43 (1) : 230-232.
Bodemer, B. (2008) "Last Night I Dreamed of Peace: The Diary of Dang Thuy Tram," Explorations: A Graduate Journal in Southeast Asian Studies, 8:33-35.
Bodemer, B. (1998) "Cochise," The Raven Chronicles Vol. 8 (1): 37.
Bodemer, B. (1998) "Puritan Cavalier," Orbis No. 108/109 (Spring/Summer), 47.
Bodemer, B. (1997) "Sarcophogus," Lilliput Review, 95, p. 9.
Bodemer, B. (1980) "The Rush Hour Choir," Seattle Post-Intelligencer, Dec. 21.
Bodemer, B. (1980) "Ugly Richard Gets Beautiful Renee," SeattleVoice Magazine, Vol. 1 (5) 27-29.
2010. Designers, Make it Work! Southern California Instruction Librarians SCIL Works 2010, Long Beach CSU Chancellor's Office.
2009. Carrying Coals to Newcastle: A Northumbrian Missionary in North China, 1897-1912. Biographical Research Brown Bag Biography Series, University of Hawaii at Manoa.
2003. Haiku: Here's Looking at You. Oneonta Undergraduate Philosophy Conference. Winner of Ninash Foundation East-West Award.
- Student Peer-Reference Models
- Aligning Academic Information Literacy with Lifelong Learning
- Library History and Knowledge Organization