For our Community Members
Resources that Make a Difference
- Article Databases
- Business databases include ABI/Inform, Factiva, Lexis/Nexis, and Newsbank Science and Engineering databases include Applied Science & Technology abstracts, Engineering Village 2, Science Direct, Web of Science, WestLaw For any interest or industry, we subscribe to hundreds of databases with the latest articles, findings and data.
- See our databases listed alphabetically or by subjects or majors.
- Important Resources
- Kennedy Library has a comprehensive collection of maps, mapping and GIS resources, K-8 adopted state textbooks and children fiction, and non-fiction collection.
- Scholarly Publications
- All Cal Poly students register their Senior Projects and Master's Theses with Kennedy Library, giving you insight to the latest campus projects and research.
- Research Assistance
- When you need help, turn to Kennedy Library. One-on-one research assistance is available in person or over the phone during library hours. Need help when the rest of the world is sleeping or even just from your desk at work? We offer the AskNow service, a 24/7 Librarian chat-service that connects you with a Librarian at any time of the day.
Community Membership Benefits
- Access to library facilities and services during open hours
- Borrowing privileges for circulating materials
- Onsite access to electronic databases and resources (available from onsite library workstations)
- The latest current fiction and non-fiction books in our Browsing Collection
- Customized reference assistance
- Web site tools that let you renew materials online as well as create preferred searches and personalized reading lists
- Access to Special Collections and University Archives (see open hours)
- Learn more about Community Borrowing Privileges
Convenient hours and parking
- Kennedy Library is open early and stays open late most days of the week (see hours).
- Parking is available in conveniently located metered spots or with parking permits. Free parking is available after 5 pm on Fridays and all day on weekends.
- Kennedy Library is located in Building 35 in the north-east corner of campus, at the intersection of North Perimeter and University Drive (see campus maps).
- This Week’s Featured Books
The Landscape Urbanism Reader