Third Annual Learn by Doing Scholar Awards
The Learn by Doing Scholar Awards recognize faculty who are advancing the practice of Learn by Doing through research on Learn by Doing. The purpose of the awards is both to acknowledge work that contributes to shared understanding of effective Learn by Doing practices.
Two awards are given each year: an award of $2000 for completed research and an award of $1000 for proposed or in-progress research.
All current members of the Cal Poly faculty (lecturers, tenure-track, tenured) are eligible to apply for either award. Individual and team (collaborative) applications are welcome.
The applications for the LBD Scholar Awards 2018 are coming soon!
The Learn by Doing Scholar Awards were established in 2014, and the first awards were given in May 2015.
- 2017 – Lynn Metcalf (Industrial Technology) and collaborators Stern Neill, Lisa Simon, Sharon Dobs and Brennan Davis
- 2016 – Brian Self (Mechanical Engineering) and James Widmann (Mechanical Engineering)
- 2015 – J. Kevin Taylor (Kinesiology) and collaborators David Hey, Brian Self, Lynne Slivovsky and James Widmann
Proposed or In-Progress Award
- 2017 – Catherine Waitinas (English)
- 2016 – Alan Kiste and Gregory Scott (Chemistry and Biochemistry)
- 2015 – Steffen Peuker (Mechanical Engineering) and Jennifer Mott (Mechanical Engineering)
2018 Learn by Doing Scholar Awards selection committee members
- Jeanine Scaramozzino, Kennedy Library (Chair)
- College representatives to the 2018 committee will be determined
Please contact Jeanine Scaramozzino, Chair of the Learn by Doing Awards Committee, at ude.yloplacnull@omaracsj.