We have 300 computers
Most of our computers are in our six labs on the first and second floors and most of these labs are also used for classes. View the schedules for these labs (rooms 111B, 216A, 217C, 217D.) There are also open computers throughout the library, check out our computer availability maps.
You asked … if we could do anything to make the slow-starting computers faster.
We listened … and removed some of the larger programs from most of the computers in the library.
Need GIS, AutoCad or SolidWorks?
The GIS and CAD software is still available on approximately 50 computers. Any computer with the orange ‘GIS-CAD’ emblem has GIS and CAD software installed. To view available software on each type, check out the software page.
|36 + instructor||View 111B Schedule||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes|
OPEN 24 HOURS
(114C Study room)
|24 + instructor||View 216A Schedule||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|30 + instructor||View 216B Schedule||yes||cooler than a SmartPanel||no||multiple large displays|
|27 + instructor||View 217C Schedule||yes||yes||yes||yes|
|26 + instructor||View 217D Schedule||yes||yes||yes||yes|
- PolyCard printers are available on all five floors. Print jobs can be picked up from any of the PolyCard printers in the immediate vicinity, e.g. nearby labs or public computing areas on the same floor. Check out Print Copy Scan page for more information.
- CAD & Specialty printing available in Cal Poly Print & Copy, 1st floor
Faculty and staff can schedule computers labs for quarter-long courses, ad-hoc classes, and events through University Scheduling.
- Check Availability: First, check to see if the lab you would like to schedule is available via the University Scheduling calendar.
- Use the Schedule Request Form: Use this form (from the University Scheduling web site) to make your request.
- Contact University Scheduling: ude.yloplacnull@stneve
Questions? Please call the PolyConnect service desk at (805) 756-6546.