The Video Studio (111E) is designed to be a simple video production studio for students and faculty, requiring no technical knowledge to operate.
NOTE: The user should bring their own laptop OR bring a 32GB Flash drive if you are planning to use one of our checkout laptops to edit your video. Flash drives can also be purchased from the Print & Copy shop for $15 during their regular hours.
The user comes into the studio, toggles a switch to turn on the studio lighting, inserts an SD card into the camera (slot A), and presses the Record button on the camera to begin recording a video. Once the presentation is finished, the user presses the Record button again to stop the recording. The user then removes the SD card from the camera and can transfer the video file to their computer using the USB card reader. When you come to use the room, you will be provided with the Video Studio Kit (SD card, USB card Reader, and camera remote).
The Video Studio is also equipped with a blue/green screen for chroma key work.
1. Reserve the Video Studio Online
- Reserve the Video Studio online: Video Studio Reservations
- The Video Studio is available during open hours of the main library
- Reservations available in 60-minute blocks
- No food or drink is permitted in the Studio
2. Go to the Circulation Front Desk on the 1st floor of the Kennedy Library
- Check out a Video Studio kit (SD card, USB card reader, and Remote control)
- Circulation staff will unlock the room for you
3. Go to the Video Studio, Room 111E to Record Your Video
- Toggle on the studio lights
- Insert the SD card into camera, and turn camera on
- Press Record button on camera (or remote) to begin recording
- Press Record button again to stop recording
- Remove SD card from camera, turn off studio lights
Kennedy Library thanks the Orfalea College of Business and Dean Scott Dawson for generously providing funding for Cal Poly’s first Video Studio.