Welcome New Faculty
We look forward to being part of your success as a teacher and scholar at Cal Poly.
As you get settled at Cal Poly we hope you will:
- Meet your College Librarian.
- Get to know the Library's web site, and review our FAQ for faculty.
- Take a minute to read about our instruction program and how it can help your students.
- Let us know if you want us to put materials on course reserves for your classes.
- Review our tutorials and research guides to see how your students can learn about library resources and research planning.
- Help us build Kennedy Library collections by recommending additions to the collections.
- Take advantage of our highly-rated interlibrary services to get books, articles and other resources not available Cal Poly.
- Contact our staff if you have any reference or research information needs.
- Contribute to Cal Poly's digital archive of faculty research, DigitalCommons@CalPoly.
- Enjoy the Library's on-site café, exhibits and special events, including the Science Café.
For Your Students
We offer many services to your students! Please encourage them to take advantage of Library services for students, including:
- Friendly help with course reserves and class assignments.
- Expert help and one-on-one consultation for students working on their senior projects.
- 24-hour study space after the main library closes includes a quiet study room and a computer-equipped lab.
- Extended hours: the main library opens at 7am MondayFriday and doesn't close til 2am SundayThursday.
- 40 check-out laptops (first floor, PolyConnect Lab)
- Adaptive Technology Labs for students working with the Disability Resource Center.
- 19 group study rooms.
- Tutoring and group study space for students working with Academic Skills Center.
- A special group study room for graduate students.
- On-site coffee and food (Julian's).
- On-site standard and specialty copying and printing service (Cal Poly Print & Copy).