|Types of Community Borrowers||Card Cost||Additional Cards||Cost|
|Community User||$60||Additional Family Member||$10|
|Corporate User (includes one card)||$250||Additional Employee Card||$30|
|SLO Co. Teacher *||$30||N/A||N/A|
|SLO Co. Senior Citizen||$30||N/A||N/A|
|SLO Co. High School Student *||$10||N/A||N/A|
|Cuesta College or Allan Hancock College Student *||Free||N/A||N/A|
|Visiting Faculty *||Free||N/A||N/A|
* requires a valid school ID, or evidence of current registration for classes, plus a photo ID
- Loan periods for most library materials: 21 days
- Loan period for bound periodicals: 4 days
To get a Kennedy Library Card
- Fill out the Borrowers Application [PDF download]
- Checks and credit cards payable to Kennedy Library
- Return or send your application to the Kennedy Library Circulation Desk
Robert E. Kennedy Library
Access Services - Circulation
1 Grand Avenue (Bldg. 31-101)
San Luis Obispo, CA 93407-0601
Interlibrary Loan Privileges
Please contact Interlibrary Loan Services for information.
Extended Reference Assistance
- Basic library assistance
- Basic library assistance is available to all for free.
- Advanced reference assistance
- Kennedy Library also offers professional library reference assistance for people with more difficult or involved reference questions. $50 per hour.
- Check out and returning library materials
- Check out library materials at the Circulation Desk located at the library entrance.
- Return books at the Circulation Desk or at one of the Book Drops outside the library
- Renew books online through PolyCat Renewals
- Loan Periods and Fines
- Learn more on the Circulations Fees and Overdue Fines page
- Renewing Books
- Most items can be renewed three times online or in person
- For more information see the Renewals page.
Managing your account
Use PolyCat, our online catalog, to renew books and check your account status
- Select My Account from any PolyCat web session
- Use your last name and Library Card Barcode to log in
- Once in your record, choose the option you would like to view checked out books, reading history, requested materials, and more