Circulation Desk Specialist
Under general supervision of the Executive Director of Collections Strategy and Discovery and in collaboration with colleagues in Access Services, this position supports circulation desk activities including but not limited to: supervising the circulation desk and overseeing daily circulation desk operations; oversight of daily circulation desk schedule, answering the circulation desk phone, checking library materials in and out using library systems; updating and maintaining the patron database; preparing circulation reports; overseeing stacks maintenance; assisting patrons in finding materials and with questions related to circulation policies and procedures; and resolving patron problems related to circulation functions, opening and closing the building; monitoring public areas of the building, interacting with library patrons to maintain a positive and safe environment, and noting problem areas and communicating them to supervisors and University Police.
- Demonstrated ability to perform technical aspects of work assignments including a strong ability to interpret overall library policies and procedures, and operations, standards, ethics, and best practices as they pertain to Access Services and individual work, as well as demonstrated experience evaluating procedures and recommending changes.
- Working knowledge or understanding of the library collection and its organization, as well as classification schemes. Demonstrated expertise in creating and correcting bibliographic records.
- Thorough knowledge of external on-line databases, system and resources, including the ability to perform complex on-line searches.
- Thorough knowledge of or ability to quickly learn institution’s and library’s policies and practices associated with the ethical use of and access to library and on-line resources.
- Demonstrated expertise or strong ability to gain expertise of automated academic library programs, online resources, databases, and systems, especially circulation department modules to perform assigned duties, technical work and/or assist patrons.
- Ability to investigate and research more complex problems, including analyzing and interpreting information.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to be able to prepare and compile information in an organized manner as well as prepare and present library reports on library resources to library patrons, faculty, staff, students.
- Demonstrated ability to initiate, establish, and foster communication and teamwork by maintaining a positive, cooperative, productive work atmosphere in and outside the University with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships within a diverse population and with those from various cultural backgrounds.
- Demonstrated customer service experience requiring a high level of diplomacy and professionalism.
- Excellent computer skills and demonstrated ability to use a variety of standard computer applications including word-processing, spreadsheets, databases, presentation software, on-line systems, Internet, and online calendaring and email to perform technical work or assist patrons.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to set own priorities to coordinate multiple assignments with fluctuating and time-sensitive deadlines.
- Strong communication and interpretive skills to be able to interview patrons regarding their information needs and guide them in the use of more complex library and on-line resources.
- Working knowledge of financial procedures and processes, and ability to apply this knowledge to track and monitor departmental expenditures, patrons accounts, student payroll, office supplies, and contribute to the annual budget planning process.
- Thorough knowledge of English grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Working knowledge of or ability to quickly learn University infrastructure, policies and procedures.
• Demonstrated skills in an institutional/educational environment utilizing a customer-orientated and service centered attitude.
• Associate level degree or equivalent education.
• Prior library experience including working in an academic library’s Access Services department.
• Experience with Alma circulation and Primo discovery library management systems (ExLibris software).
• Prior experience supervising students and/or other staff.
How to apply
To apply, visit: https://jobs.calpoly.edu/en-us/job/518399/circulation-desk-specialist to complete the required online staff application.
About Kennedy Library
Kennedy Library is responsible for planning, implementing, and managing campus-wide information resources and related services. Integrating traditional library resources and services with digital tools, the Robert E. Kennedy Library continuously adapts its services, programs, and spaces to meet the evolving academic programs, research interests, and needs of the university community. Providing access to information resources, classrooms, computer labs, an expansive 24-hour space, and an array of group and individual study spaces, Kennedy Library is a magnet for students and faculty alike. Annual visitors exceed 1.5 million.
About Cal Poly
Cal Poly is a nationally ranked comprehensive public university located in San Luis Obispo, California. With more than 18,000 undergraduates and approximately 1000 graduate students, Cal Poly fosters teaching, scholarship, and service in a learn-by-doing environment where students and faculty are partners in discovery. As a polytechnic university, Cal Poly promotes the application of theory to practice. As a comprehensive institution, Cal Poly provides a balanced education in the arts, sciences, and technology, while encouraging cross-disciplinary and co-curricular experiences. As an academic community, Cal Poly values free inquiry, cultural and intellectual diversity, mutual respect, civic engagement, and social and environmental responsibility.
For more information, see: https://afd.calpoly.edu/hr/job-opportunities/prospective
Cal Poly’s location in San Luis Obispo makes it one of the best places to visit. It’s a quintessential coastal California town with some 43,000 residents. Located halfway between San Francisco and Los Angeles and just minutes from beaches, state parks, landmarks and premium wine regions, it’s also a popular vacation spot. Sunset Magazine has called it the most Californian place in all of California.
The city of San Luis Obispo offers a historic, restored downtown full of restaurants, theatres, art galleries and shops centered around San Luis Obispo Creek, Mission San Luis Obispo and Mission Plaza. San Luis Obispo’s Thursday night Farmer’s Market on Higuera Street has become a model for cities around the state. It’s a mix of fresh produce and flowers, baked goods, restaurant fare and free music all within strolling distance.
San Luis Obispo is just minutes from some of California’s best beaches and original beach cities: Avila Beach (10 miles), Pismo Beach (12 miles), Morro Bay (17 miles), Montaña de Oro State Park (18 miles), Cayucos (18 miles), the Pismo Dunes (28 miles) and world-famous Hearst Castle ( 45 miles).