Student Library Advisory Council
Educators and advocates
As educators and advocates, the Student Library Advisory Council (SLAC) met weekly throughout the school year, conducted a survey of Cal Poly students, and met with library staff to prioritize and advocate for many exciting changes. From more electrical outlets to longer weekend hours, SLAC has had a hand in the evolving services Kennedy Library offers the academic community.
The College of Science and Mathematics Librarian, Jeanine Scaramozzino, is the SLAC faculty advisor and in the coming year she will be joined by Architecture Librarian Jesse Vestermark. This year, we said farewell to graduating (and founding) SLAC member Jonathan Marht, who also served as SLAC's representative to the Student Campus Computing Committee (SC3). Congratulations and thanks, Jonathan!
- 2011–2012 Members:
- Ryan Bitter, CAFES — Forestry and Natural Resources, undergrad
- Tucker Brofft, CLA — Political Science, undergrad
- Jessica Bruno, CLA — Political Science, undergrad, ASI Representative
- Jason Colombini, CAFES — Ag Business, undergrad
- Ashley DeGuzman, CENG — Bioengineering, undergrad, co-chair
- Jordan Hooper, CLA — English, undergrad, library assistant
- Susie Kopecky, CLA — English, graduate, library assistant
- Patrick McCreesh, COSAM — Biochemistry, undergrad
- Hannah Panno, CLA — Geography, undergrad, co-chair
- Lauren Raffi, COSAM — Liberal Studies, undergrad
- Solomon Reda, OCOB — Industrial Technology, undergrad, ASI Representative
- Mike Shaw, CENG — Civil Engineering, undergrad
- Philip Tran, COSAM — Biology, undergrad.