Room 408 is available for quiet contemplation, meditation, reflection, or prayer. Silence is valued in this space. Please use this space for its intended purposes only.
Download these Inclusive Prayer & Meditation Room Policies
Space Use Policy
This space is available on a first come, first served basis, and is not available for reservations.
Please limit your use of the room to 20 minutes. Maximum occupancy 8 persons.
To maintain the sanctity of this space for all users, please:
- return all materials to their original locations
- leave equipment in the room
- remember to take your personal belongings with you
- leave the space in the condition you would want to find it in
To maintain a serene environment in the Meditation Room, please DO NOT:
- consume food and beverages
- use the room for academic study, group meetings, and any other activity that conflicts with the purpose of the space
- use electronic devices (laptops, cell phones, tablets, cameras, etc.)
- create excessive noise and conversation
- use portable sound systems (earphones must be used for any personal music/sound)
- use candles, incense, or any open/closed flame or flammable items
- sleep or lounge in the room
- post or leave any materials, flyers, or brochures of any kind
Please be respectful toward other individuals using the space.
- Issues or concerns regarding space policies and abuses can be reported to the front desk at 805-756-5760.
- If you witness an act of bias related to this space, please report it to the Bias Incident Response Team by emailing ude.yloplacnull@stnedutsfonaed or calling University Police at 805-756-2281.
- If a person or action poses an immediate threat or danger to this space or its users, please call University Police at 805-756-2281 or 9-1-1.
Approved by Library Management Team April 12, 2017
Lockers are available to store personal belongings for use in this space on a quarterly basis
Please contact Library Administration, Room 204, 805-756-2345
- Lockers are available for groups or individuals to use on a first come, first served basis.
- Personal locks may not be placed on the lockers. Any personal locks will be removed and destroyed, and the contents of the locker will be removed and taken to Lost & Found at the Front Desk.
- Lockers are for storing items for use in this space only (i.e. prayer mats, yoga mats, mala beads, etc.).
- The following items cannot be stored in the lockers:
- Food and beverages
- Backpacks, laptops, library materials, other non-space related items
- The library is not responsible for materials kept in lockers.
- The library reserves the right to open lockers and inspect their contents for library material that has not been checked out. Any such materials found will be returned to their proper locations.
- To ensure the safety of the space for all users, lockers are subject to inspection by the library at any time.
- Remembering the combination is the responsibility of the patron. If a locker user forgets the combination, the contents must be described before the locker is opened.
- At the end of each quarter, any items left in lockers will be removed and sent to Lost & Found at the Front Desk.
Approved by Library Management Team May 12, 2017