Equipment is available for check out at the Poly Connect service desk (Library, 1st floor.) All items are available first come, first served – sorry, no reservations. You may place a hold on 3-day iPads if all are checked out.
There is no charge to check out equipment, all you need is your PolyCard! See what’s available below.
You may be charged a fee if items are not returned on time or returned damaged. Please see ‘Serious Stuff’ below for details.iPad information
3-day iPads come pre-loaded with lots of apps – some for school and some for fun. If all of the 3-day iPads are checked out, you can place a hold on the next available 3-day iPad through PolyCat, just like a book. Search for “iPad 3 day” and click “Request.” You will receive an email when your 3-day iPad is ready to pick up.
3-hour iPads are perfect for checking email or web browsing between classes. In addition to the standard Apple apps the 3-hour iPads have Facebook, Dropbox, Netflix and the Cal Poly app. These iPads are available on a first come, first served basis.iPad basics
All kinds of iPad help can be found at the Center for Teaching, Leaning & Technology iPad Support page.
Get Connected to get started
Browsing the internet
Connect to your email
What’s in the bag
Accessing your iTunes account
Connect the iPad to your computer and access your iTunes account to download apps and access your music, photos, etc. Use File Sharing via iTunes to move content on and off the iPad.
» See more from Apple.
A couple o’ caveats
- Syncing the iPad to your personal iTunes account may disable Kennedy Library’s installed apps. Don’t worry — we’ll reinstall them when you return it.
- Before you return the iPad, make sure you log out of all websites and accounts.
- After the iPad has been returned, any account information, content or apps you leave on the iPad will be erased by Library staff.
For more help see the iPad Users Guide in the iBooks Library or visit Apple’s support pages.
Use of Library iPads is subject to:
- Kennedy Library’s borrowing policies
- CalPoly’s Responsible Use Policy
- CalPoly’s Information Security Standards
Late fees and replacement costs are listed on the laminated tag attached to the iPad cover.
- App Store
- Bamboo Paper Notebook
- Bluefire Reader
- Cal Poly App
- Dragon Dictation
- Find My Friends
- Find My iPhone
- Free Books
- Game Center
- Google Drive
- Google Earth
- JMP Graph Builder
- iTunes Store
- iTunes U
- New York Times
- Pandora Radio
- Paper by FiftyThree
- PCalc Lite
- Photo Booth
- Photoshop Express
- Quick Graph
|Equipment Type||Checkout Time||Online Renewals||Late Fee||Replacement Cost*|
|Asisstive Headset||3 Days||One 2-day||$10 per day||$75|
|Asisstive Keyboard||3 Days||One 2-day||$10 per day||$75|
|Assistive Laptop||3 Days||One 2-day||$10 per day||$1,800|
|Audio Recorder||3 Days||One 2-day||$10 per day||$75|
|Calculator-Graphing||3 Hours||No||$1 per hour||$120|
|Calculator-Scientific||3 Hours||No||$1 per hour||$20|
|Desk Lamp||3 Hours||No||$1 per hour||$20|
|Displayport to VGA & HDMI Adapter||3 Hours||No||$1 per hour||$30|
|DSLR Camera (Nikon D5500)||3 Days||No||$10 per day||$1,500.00|
|GoPro Camera (Hero 4 Black)||3 Days||No||$10 per day||$800.00|
|HDMI to Displayport Adapter||3 Hours||No||$1 per hour||$30|
|Headphones||3 Hours||No||$1 per hour||$30|
|iPad 3-Day (iPad 2 & 4)||3 Days||No||$10 per day||$830|
|iPad 3-Hour (iPad 4)||3 Hours||No||$5 per hour||$700|
|Mac Laptop Power Cord||3 Hours||No||$1 per hour||$120|
|MacBook Pro Laptop||3 Hours||No||$5 per hour||$1,600.00|
|Marker Kit||3 Hours||No||$1 per hour||$20|
|Mouse||3 Hours||No||$1 per hour||$20|
|PC Laptop||3 Hours||No||$5 per hour||$1,800|
|PC Laptop Power Cord||3 Hours||No||$1 per hour||$50|
|Scanner||3 Days||One 2-day||$10 per day||$90|
|Tripod||3 Days||One 2-day||$10 per day||$100|
*Replacement costs are subject to change
- You are financially responsible for damaged or lost items and parts. Normal wear and tear is okay.
- A hold can be placed on your academic record and registration if replacement fees are not paid.
- Don’t be late! There is a late fee of $10 per day for AV items, and $5 per hour for laptops ($10 in fines will suspend your library privileges until paid.) All cables and accessories must be returned to avoid late charges.
- You must have a PolyCard to check out equipment.
- Please check the laptop software page to see a list of all the software installed on each laptop.
- Checkout for 3-hour items ends approximately 3 ½ hours prior to the closing of the Poly Connect desk. Because closing times vary during the quarter, please call 805-756-6546 to verify today’s hours.
Enjoy and please treat our equipment with the respect it deserves so that it continues to function well for the next student to use it. Also, please give us your feedback — we like that!
As with anything you check out from Kennedy Library, you can manage your account online from PolyCAT. You’ll need your PolyCard number to log in.