Sinsheimer Collection, MS 036
Scope and Content Note
Spanning four generations of Sinsheimers, the Sinsheimer Collection contains the business, personal, and political papers of this prominent pioneering mercantile family of San Luis Obispo, California. It is an unusually rich collection, documenting the family in several spheres, as well as across multiple generations.
The collection is comprised of 124 boxes of family correspondence and memorabilia; business correspondence and ledgers; financial records and invoices; business, personal and political ephemera; personal diaries, daybooks, notebooks and calendars; photographic prints and negatives; newspapers, blueprints, maps, and artifacts. In addition, about two-dozen monographs have been cataloged with MARC records.
The Sinsheimer Collection is divided into nine series:
- Series 1: Personal Papers, 1890-1997
- Series 2: Business Records, 1869-1970s
- Series 3: Business Ledgers, 1976-1960
- Series 4: Political Papers, 1901-1936
- Series 5: Cal Poly Papers, 1901-1936
- Series 6: Volunteer Service Agency Records, 1898-1957
- Series 7: Newspapers, 1868-1971
- Series 8: Visual Media, 1891-1961
- Series 9: Oversized Materials, 1874-1966