- You, the patron, are responsible for all items checked out on your I.D. card whether or not you receive or read notices.
- If you lend your card, or check out an item on your card to another person (and the book is lost or late), you are liable for all charges.
- If you lose your I.D. card, you must immediately report the loss to the Library's Circulation Desk.
- Please view your record using My PolyCAT periodically to determine the status of your Library account.
- You are also responsible for the repair or replacement cost for any library items returned in damaged condition.
- Cal Poly students must change their address information on-line here through the Cal Poly University Portal.
All books, no matter to whom they are checked out, are subject to recall by the library after the user has had the material for 21 days, or less depending on material type.
If a book is needed for Course Reserves use, it will be recalled immediately and is due immediately.
When a request or hold is placed on a book by a patron, the computer then issues a recall notice and may assign a new due date for the book. If your book is recalled your due date may change. If the book is not returned by the new due date listed on the notice, your library privileges may be suspended and recall charges of $1.00/day per/item will accrue. This charge is in addition to the maximum fines listed for book type and there is no maximum limit to these charges.
All Circulation and Interlibrary Loan notifications with Cal Poly users will be handled via e-mail.
Make sure that your email information is current in the Cal Poly Portal.
You can also check your Library record at My PolyCAT from the Library web page to renew books, check due dates, any fines and lost book charges, recalls, and holds.