Cal Poly Library Cards
- Cal Poly faculty, staff and students must present their current university photo identification card to borrow library materials.
- Other affiliated users must present their library-issued card, and may also be required to present a photo ID.
- Borrowing privileges may not be transferred to another borrower, and you are responsible for all materials checked out on your record.
- For your protection, if you lose your library card you must report it to the Library immediately.
Library User Number
To register in PolyCAT, you have to provide your last name and library number.
My PolyCat is available to current Cal Poly students, staff and faculty. In My PolyCat, you may view items you have checked out, renew your items online, read messages from the library (items requested and ready for pick up, et cetera), and save your PolyCat searches.
Cards issued after July 10, 2012 have the library number printed on the back side.
Cards printed before July 10, 2012 have a different design, and show the library number in the front below the user photo. These cards remain valid, so unless they are worn out or broken, there is no need to replace them.
- Temporary cards may be extended to Cal Poly Students not currently enrolled (but completing a class, senior project or master's thesis
- Students, staff or faculty from other CSU campuses must present their current University photo ID to obtain a temporary card.
- Inquire at the Circulation Desk for the necessary requirements to receive a temporary card.
- Community members may purchase a Library Card.