|Types of Community Borrowers||Card Cost||Additional Cards||Cost|
|Community User||$60||Additional Family Member||$10|
|Corporate User (includes one card)||$250||Additional Employee Card||$30|
|SLO Co. Teacher *||$30||N/A||N/A|
|Cooperating Teacher **||Free||N/A||N/A|
|SLO Co. Senior Citizen||$30||N/A||N/A|
|SLO Co. High School Student *||$10||N/A||N/A|
|Cuesta College or Allan Hancock College Student or Faculty *||Free||N/A||N/A|
|Visiting Faculty *||Free||N/A||N/A|
* Requires a valid school ID, or evidence of current registration for classes, plus a photo ID.
** Cooperating Teachers are teachers currently hosting Cal Poly student teachers. Must register in person with photo ID.
- Loan period for most library materials: 21 days
- Loan period for bound periodicals: 21 days
To get a Kennedy Library Card
- Fill out the Borrowers Application [PDF download]
- Cash and checks payable to Kennedy Library
- Return or send your application to the Kennedy Library Circulation Desk
Robert E. Kennedy Library
Access Services - Circulation
1 Grand Avenue (Bldg. 35-101)
San Luis Obispo, CA 93407-0601
Interlibrary Loan Privileges
Interlibrary Loan Privileges for Community Members cost $10 per request. Please contact Interlibrary Loan Services for information.
Extended Reference Assistance
- Basic library assistance
- Basic library assistance is available to all for free.
- Advanced reference assistance
- Kennedy Library also offers professional library reference assistance for people with more difficult or involved reference questions. $50 per hour.
See the Borrowing pages for more information.
Managing your account
Use PolyCat, our online catalog, to renew books and check your account status
- Select My Account from any PolyCat web session
- Use your last name and Library Card Barcode to log in
- Once in your record, choose the option you would like to view checked out books, reading history, requested materials, and more