Search Requests and Holds
Placing a Hold on a Book Already Checked Out
- Locate the book in PolyCat.
- If it is checked out you may "Place A Hold" on it by clicking the green "Place a Hold" button.
- Enter your last name and barcode number from your Cal Poly ID or Library card to reserve the book.
- Placing a hold will generate a recall notice for the book, and reserve it for you when returned.
Requesting a Book You Cannot Find
- If a book is not checked out and you cannot find it in the stacks, you may place a search on it.
- Bring the call number, author and title of the book to the Circulation Desk and fill out a search request.
- For either a recall or search, you will be notified by e-mail only.
Faculty Video Reservation for a Class
Faculty may contact Circulation, 756-5760 to reserve a video for their class use. The video will be placed on the hold shelf under their last name. Videos checked out or not-on-shelf will be searched by circulation staff and faculty be informed of its availability. For further assistance faculty may contact Judy Drake (756-5790).