How to Renew Materials Online
- Select My Account from any PolyCat web session.
- Once in your record, click the button for "Items currently checked out"
- Select items to renew and click "Renew Selected Items."
- You will not be able to renew if you owe fines, have recalled books, or if your item(s) are on HOLD for another patron.
- Check status messages to verify renewal. Only 3 renewals per/item, then you must bring the item(s) to the Library and re-check them out if still needed.
- Certain items may not be renewable, inquire at the Circulation Desk or service desk where checked out.
- You may also bring your items into the Library to renew. Items will not be renewed by telephone.
- Overdue items renewed will add fine charges to your library record.
All books, no matter to whom they are checked out, are subject to recall by the library after the user has had the material for 21 days, or less depending on material type.
If a book is needed for Course Reserves use, it will be recalled immediately and is due immediately.
When a request or hold is placed on a book by a patron, the computer then issues a recall notice and may assign a new due date for the book. If your book is recalled your due date may change. If the book is not returned by the new due date listed on the notice, your library privileges may be suspended and recall charges of $1.00/day per/item will accrue. This charge is in addition to the maximum fines listed for book type and there is no maximum limit to these charges.