The Science and Art of Taking a Risk
The economic problems of recent years came about, in part, because we didn't understand the risks we, as a society, were collectively taking.
Watch a slideshow of photos of the event
This presentation and discussion will explore what it means to
- take individual and societal risks,
- how to measure those risks, and
- how economics, engineering and psychology envision risk differently.
- Date: April 28, 2010 ta 4:30pm
- Speaker: Dr. Eduardo Zambrano, Economics Department, Orfalea School of Business.
- Location: Library 2nd Floor
- Download: Event poster (4.5 MB)
- View: Photos from the event (Flickr)
Free! Refreshments will be served
Come prepared to be engaged in this lively discussion, and to take some risks (if you dare!).