Merging Man and Machine
Friday, April 15th at 3pm. Technology has reached a point where we can now effectively merge man and machine. We call these Bionic devices Exoskeletons and have designed devices to help augment a soldier's ability (HULC) as well as a device that allows paraplegics to standup and walk again (eLEGS).
What will be the future implication of these Bionic suits? How will they integrate into everyday life?
- Russ Angold
- Co-founder and Chief Technical Officer at Berkeley Bionics
- Cal Poly Alumnus (BRAE '00)
- » More info on Russ
- » More info on Berkeley Bionics
- Tom Mase, Faculty Moderator
- Associate Professor, Mechanical Engineering, Cal Poly SLO
- Quality of Life Plus at Cal Poly
- Ethics + Emerging Sciences Group at Cal Poly
- Date: Friday, April 15th
- Time: 3:30 – 4:30 pm
Informal conversation and refreshments begin at 3pm
- Location: Kennedy Library, second floor café lounge
- Download: Download the event flyer
See our photo slideshow
Watch Russ in the HULC
About Cal Poly Science Café
Cal Poly Science Café is a program of the Kennedy Library and part of the international movement, Café Scientifique. Participants can expect dynamic and informative presentations to spark cross-disciplinary conversations on the topic.
» Learn more about Science Café