The Big C
Cancer in the 21st Century
Cancer is everywhere, and almost everyone has experienced cancer on a personal level. Join community and faculty experts to share basic information and images about the biology of cancer, its context, and its social and environmental causes in the 21st century.
Facilitated and informal conversation will stimulate written and verbal questions to be addressed through the Café discussion.
Free! All are welcome
- Date: Friday, January 28th, 2011
- Time: 1:30pm - 2:30pm
Informal Conversation and Refreshments begin at 1pm
- Location: Kennedy Library, second floor café lounge
- Dr. Elena Keeling, Professor of Biological Sciences
- Dr. Jane Lehr, Assistant Professor of Women's and Gender Studies and Ethnic Studies
- Michelle Beam, Cal Poly 2010 (B.S. Microbiology)
- Colleges Against Cancer
- Cal Poly Department of Biological Sciences
- American Medical Student Association
- College of Science and Math Ambassadors