- Gale Encyclopedia of Science
- Gale Encyclopedia of Science covers all major areas of science, engineering, technology, as well as mathematics and the medical and health sciences, while providing a comprehensive overview of current scientific knowledge and technology. Entries typically describe scientific concepts, provide overviews of scientific areas and, in some cases, define terms. Longer entries conclude with a bibliography.
- Wikipedia is a fast and effective way to find brief information on many topics. It's often very up to date, and includes links to related web sites.
The Reference Collection in Room 111 includes a number of important print encyclopedias:
- McGraw-Hill encyclopedia of science & technology
- Call Number: Q121 .M3 1997
- Authoritative articles with lists of additional readings.
- Van Nostrand's scientific encyclopedia
- Call Number: Reference. Q121 .V3 1995
- Long articles on various science and engineering topics.
See our Reference Sources Research Guide for further resources.