- Oxford English Dictionary (OED)
- The most comprehensive full-text dictionary of the English language.
- OneLook Online
- See what many credible dictionaries offer for the words you want to look up.
- McGraw-Hill dictionary of scientific and technical terms.
- Call Number: Reference. Q123 .M34 1994
- One of the most complete and authoritative dictionaries of science and engineering.
- What's what, a visual glossary of the physical world.
- Print Version Call Number: Reference. AG250 .B7
- Look up a drawing of a thing and this dictionary tells you what each part is called. Or try this free online visual dictionary from Merriam-Webster.
- A wiki-based English-language dictionary, with over 1.8 million entries, as well as links to phrasebooks, abbreviations, rhymes, and a thesaurus.
- A free online language dictionary. Find English words in Spanish, French, Italian, German, or Russian, or find the English equivalents from words in these languages. There are many more links to other international language dictionaries.
For more dictionaries and other reference works, see our Reference Sources Research Guide.