Finding Scholarly Journal Articles and Conference PapersWhat is scholarly publication?
- Academic Search Elite
- Indexes over 3,400 publications, including scholarly journals in the social sciences, humanities, general science, education and multicultural studies, as well as popular magazines published from 1990 to present. Full-text articles for over 2,000 periodical titles.
- Indexes educational resources, including educational documents and educational journal articles, published from 1966 to the present. Some full-text available.
- Contains full-text of older scholarly journals in most fields. The coverage for each journal begins with volume 1. Because JSTOR is an archival database, issues are not available for the latest 3-5 years.
Browsing Online Journals
- Reading and Writing Quarterly
- Disseminates information to improve instruction for regular and special education students who have difficulty learning to read and write. Interdisciplinary in scope, the journal addresses the causes, prevention, evaluation, and remediation of reading and writing difficulties in regular and special education settings.
Consulting Authoritative Websites
- Council for Exceptional Children
- The Council for Exceptional Children (CEC) is the largest international professional organization dedicated to improving educational outcomes for individuals with exceptionalities, students with disabilities, and/or the gifted. CEC advocates for appropriate governmental policies, sets professional standards, provides continual professional development, advocates for newly and historically underserved individuals with exceptionalities, and helps professionals obtain conditions and resources necessary for effective professional practice.
- Learning Disabilities Online
- Provides learning disabilities information for parents, teachers, and other professionals.
- Office of Special Education and Rehabilitation Services
- This website is produced by the United States Department of Education
- School Psychology Resources Online
- Information about learning disabilities, ADHD, functional behavioral assessment, autism, adolescence, parenting, psychological assessment, special education, mental retardation, mental health, and more.