Finding Scholarly Journal ArticlesWhat is scholarly publication?
- Project Muse
- Full-text journal articles in the humanities and social sciences, published from 1997 to present.
- MLA Bibliography
- Indexes journal articles for language and literature, published from 1963 to present. Some full-text available.
- Contains full-text of older scholarly journals in most fields. The coverage for each journal begins with volume 1. Because JSTOR is an archival database, issues are not available for the latest 3-5 years.
- Literature Resource Center
- Includes biographies, bibliographies and critical analysis of over 120,000 novelists, poets, essayists, journalists and other writers, with in-depth coverage of 2,000 of the most-studied authors.
Finding Domestic Newspaper Articles
- LexisNexis Academic Universe
- Provides full-text of current (and older) issues of major newspapers including the New York Times and news magazines, published since late 1980s. Provides full-text transcripts from non-print news media such as National Public Radio, CNN, Fox, ABC, CBS, and NBC, published since late 1980s.
- ProQuest Newsstand
- Full-text articles for 500 U.S. and international newspapers and business journals, published since 2001.
- California Newspapers (NewsBank)
- Provides the full text of articles from over 20 California newspapers, some (like the San Francisco Chronicle, Sacramento Bee, San Jose Mercury News, San Luis Obispo Tribune) going back to the mid-1980s.
Finding International Newspaper Articles
- Listing of foreign newspaper web sites by country.
- Foreign Governments Country Background (University of Michigan Documents Center)
- Site includes U.S. government databases such as Army Area Handbooks, Background Notes on Countries of the World, Country Profiles, Fourth World Documentation Project, as well as foreign government web sites, embassy web sites, and foreign newspapers online.
- Voice of the Shuttle
- University of California at Santa Barbara project, judged by Forbes Magazine as the best site for academic research in the humanities. It includes English literature, and literatures of other languages, music, theater, dance, art, and languages.
- Yale University Library (Primary Research Materials)
- Use PolyCat, the online catalog, to find books (and other materials) in the Kennedy Library.
- Use Link+ to find and order books available at other California libraries. The books arrive at the Kennedy Library Circulation Desk within 3 days for you to check out.
If you don’t find the book you need in PolyCAT or LINK+, submit an interlibrary loan request.
For more information about locating books, read the "Finding Books" page.