- Encyclopedia of Dairy Sciences. 4 volumes. 2003
- Call number: Ref SF229 .E52 2003.
- Location: Reference Department, 1st floor, Library.
- Covers various aspects of dairy science.
- PolyCAT is the library's online catalog. It includes entries for books, titles of journals, magazines, and newspapers, senior projects, audiovisual materials, maps, and government documents. Using keyword type in your topic. If you do not get results, try a broader topic that would include what you are searching for. If Cal Poly does not own the book(s) you are looking for, click on the LINK+ button on the PolyCAT result screen.
- LINK+ is a consortium of academic and public libraries that allows you to check for a book we do not own and self-initiate an interlibrary loan request for a book in the Link+ system.
- MELVYL is the catalog for the University of California system. We only haveaccess to the library catalogs of the various campuses. Any book titles you find on MELVYL need to checked in PolyCAT before initiating an Interlibrary Loan Request.
- A database of various formats (books, maps, internet, etc.) that can provide additional titles for your research.
- AGRICOLA is comprehensive database produced by the National Agricultural Library. The database indexes materials beginning in 1970. Some of the records include abstracts. The database includes formats besides journal articles. One can limit by date, language, and format.
- CAB Direct
- An international database of agriculture —related topics. Database goes back to 1972. The records include abstracts. . Other formats are included besides journal articles. One can limit by date, language, and format.
- Food Science and Technology Abstracts
- An international database covering food sciences, food products, food processes, food technology, and human nutrition. Materials indexed include journal articles, conference proceedings, books, patents and standards. Entries include abstracts. Coverage since 1969.
- Science Direct (online articles)
- A searchable database of online articles. Not all of the citations will include the full-text. Not all full-text links will provide the full-text.
- Find It
- Find It will allow you to go from a citation to obtaining the article as full-text, available in the Library or online through PolyCAT, or to make an Interlibrary Loan Request.
Locating Government Information
- Since 2000, Federal publications are available through PolyCAT. Prior to 2000, Federal publications were entered into PolyCAT on a selective basis.
- To locate government publications not found in PolyCAT, consult a Reference Librarian.
- Since 1990, State of California and Agricultural Experiment Station publicationsare available through PolyCAT. Prior to 1990, check the subject, author, and title shelflists located in the Reference Department, 1st floor, Library.
- GPO U.S. Government Publications
- Searchable database of publications by U. S. government agencies. 1976—
- Gateway to U.S. government information.
- Includes an alphabetical list of agencies
- U.S. Department of Agriculture
- GPO Access
- Gateway to U.S. government information provided by the Government Printing Office.
- The Catalog of Government Publications
- Indexes print and online publications by Federal agencies. 1994 —
- United States Government Manual
- Online 1995-.Includes information and web addresses for Federal agencies.
- Call Number: AE 2.108/2:Latest edition: Documents Ready Reference, Reference Department, 1st floor. Older editions: U.S. Docs., 3rd floor
- State of California Home Page
- Lower right corner Quick Links includes a link to State Agencies.
- California Department of Food and Agriculture
- A high percentage of government information is available online. Some of this information is also available in print. To search for government information on Google, add
site:govto your search or go to the advanced search screen and indicate .gov as the domain you wish to search. Google Uncle Sam searches for government information.
- Statistical Abstract of the United States
- Call Number: Ref HA202 .A2. Latest edition only retained in Reference. Located at Reference Desk, Reference Department, 1st floor, Library. Older editions retained in U. S. Docs, 3rd floor (C3.134:year), Library.
- A good place to begin looking for statistical information. Tables include source information for further information.
- Gateway to statistics produced by U.S. government agencies.
- NASS (National Agricultural Statistical Service)
- Statistical arm of the United States Department of Agriculture.
- Counting California
- Statistical site dealing with California.
- U. S. Census Department
- Home page for the U.S. Census Department. Numerous links for statistical information, e.g. American Fact Finder "source for population, housing, economic, and geographic data."
- Agricultural Statistics 1994 —
- Call Number: Ref HD1751 .A43. Latest edition only retained in Reference. Located at Reference Desk, Reference Department, 1st floor, Library.Older editions retained in U. S. Docs, 3rd floor (A 1.47: year), Library.
- Statistics on agricultural topics. Published annually.
- California Statistical Abstract
- Print: CALIF F380 S8. Latest edition Documents Ready Reference, Reference Department, 1st floor, Library.Older editions retained in CALIF Documents section, Reference Department, 1st floor, Library.
- County and City Data Book
- Latest edition 2000. Published every 5 years.
- Call Number: C 3.134/2:C 82/2.
- Latest edition Document Ready Reference, Reference Department, 1st floor, Library. Older editions retained in U.S. Docs, Reference Department, 1st floor, Library.
- Historical Statistics of the United States, colonial times to 1970
- Call Number: Ref HA202 .B87 1975. Located at Reference Desk, Reference Department, 1st floor, Library.
Additional Online Resources
- Searchable database to locate associations and organizations.