- When is the library open?
- What is the difference between Main Library hours and the 24-hour room hours?
- Where is the library?
- Where can I find floor maps of the Library?
- Where can I park?
- Where can I find parking maps at Cal Poly?
- Is there an online directory of Library staff and faculty?
- How can I make suggestions and provide feedback about the library and its services?
- Who can use the 24-hour room space?
Computing and printing
- Where can I find a computer?
- Where are the computer labs?
- What software is installed on library computers?
- Can I get WiFi in the library?
- How do I log in to a library computer?
- Get more help with library desktop computers
- Get more help with library laptops
- What is a PolyCard?
- How do I print using my PolyCard?
- How do I put money on my PolyCard?
- How do I print from my laptop?
- Can I use my Plus Dollars for printing?
- Can I pay you cash for printing?
Laptops and tech checkout
- Where can I checkout laptops, iPads and AV equipment in the library?
- Where else can I checkout equipment?
Hardware and supplies
- Read the Scanners section of the Print, copy, scan page for information about scanners.
- Where can I find a stapler, 3-hole punch, tape, etc?
1st Floor PolyConnect 1st Floor Reference 2nd Floor Learning Commons Scissors X X 3-Hole Punch X X X Pencil Sharpener X X Paper Cutter X Tape X X Stapler X X X Large Stapler X X Scanner X
Copiers & fax machines
- I need help now – what do I do?
- Where can I get research help?
- How can I get help after hours?
- Are there online tutorials that will help me to understand the research process?
- How do I correctly cite my sources?
- Are there online research guides by subject, topic or college?
- How do I find journal articles on a specific topic?
- How do I find peer-reviewed journals?
- How do I find information about copyright?
- Does the Library offer citation software such as EndNote, Refworks, or Zotero?
- How do I find books?
- If I have a specific call number how do I locate the book in the Library?
- Where are the Course Reserve books?
- I need a book that’s checked out – what can I do?
- Where is the New Books collection?
- Where is the Browsing collection?
- Where are the Children’s books and the K-12 collection?
- How do I check out a book or other resource?
- How do I renew a book?
- How do I check my account?
- How can I put a book on reserve?
- How do I suggest a book be added to the Library’s collection?
- How can I view what I’ve checked out recently and in the past?
- How long can a resource be checked out?
Fees and fines
Journals, articles and microforms
Senior projects and Masters' theses
- What services are available to faculty?
- How can I schedule a lab for my class?
- How can I schedule a session with a librarian for my class?
- How extensive is Cal Poly’s book collection?
- What about access to journals?
- How can I suggest a purchase to the Library?
- What are my borrowing privileges?
- How can I get books or articles that Cal Poly doesn’t have?
- How can I put things on course reserve?
- What services does the library offer students?
Special events and exhibits