Meet the iPad — The Basics
Get Connected to Get Started
When the iPad is connected to a Wi-Fi network, the Wi-Fi icon in the status bar at the top of the screen shows the connection strength. The more bars you see, the better the connection.
If not connected, click on Settings, then Wi-Fi. If on campus select Mustang Wireless. Log in to Cisco Clean Access and wait for the Wi-Fi icon. If it doesn't appear, click Wi-Fi "off" then "on" and login screen should appear.
Browsing the Internet
Use Safari to browse the Internet.
Connect to Your Email
Return to Settings, then "Mail, Contacts, Calendars, " then "Add Account " and select an email type. To connect to your Cal Poly email, select "Microsoft Exchange." When prompted for "Server" use "connect.calpoly.edu"
The easiest way to get files and documents off of the iPad is by using your email. Look for the email icon to send self-created content.
What's in the Bag
The cover for the iPad doubles as a stand.
Use the USB cable to connect to your computer to access your iTunes account.
Use the USB cable to connect to the power adapter for re-charging.
The video adapter connects the iPad to a projector or monitor with a VGA connection.
Use the stylus instead of your finger to take notes, draw, type, move the screen, etc.
Accessing Your iTunes Account
Connect the iPad to your computer and access your iTunes account to download apps and access your music, photos, etc. Use File Sharing via iTunes to move content on and off the iPad.
» See more from Apple.
A Couple O' Caveats
- Syncing the iPad to your personal iTunes account may disable Kennedy Library's installed apps. Don't worry — we'll reinstall them when you return it.
- Before you return the iPad, make sure you log out of all websites and accounts.
- After the iPad has been returned, any account information, content or apps you leave on the iPad will be erased by Library staff.
For more help see the iPad Users Guide in the iBooks Library or visit Apple's support pages.
Use of the iPad is subject to:
- Kennedy Library's borrowing policies
- CalPoly's Responsible Use Policy
- CalPoly's Information Security Standards
Late fees and replacement costs are listed on the laminated tag attached to the carrying case.