Wireless Printing Instructions
Windows 7 Instructions
NOTE: You really do have to read the instructions for this install. You may need to change the DNS suffix list... so pay attention and read the instructions before you download the driver.
STEP 1: Remove previous driver (if applicable)
- From the Add Remove Programs function in Control Panel, navigate to the Pharos entry and choose Change/Remove
- Select "Run Uninstaller" and follow the prompts, remove all products
- Close any Endpoint popup windows
STEP 2: Adjust your network settings
- Go to the Control Panel
- Select "Network and Sharing Center"
- Select "Change Adapter Setting"
- Right click on "Wireless Network Connection," select "Properties"
- Highlight "Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)" select "Properties"
- Click on "Advanced"
- In the DNS tab, click on "Append these DNS suffixes." Add "cp-calpoly.edu" and "calpoly.edu" and "lib.calpoly.edu" to this list and put in the order shown below.
- Click Ok, then Ok again, then close
STEP 3: Install Pharos Client
- Go to the Cal Poly/ITS Uniprint web site
- Choose the Packages link and find 35-All Windows Client
(this is found under the "Name" column)
- Run the executable, choose to Install. Follow the prompts and close any Endpoint popup windows.
- Print a test page to check functionality.
How to Install
Step 1. Download the install package.
Extract "Library Polycard Printing.pkg" from the dmg file.
Step 2. Open the package.
Double click on the package file to open the installation.
Step 3. Continue
Click "Continue" in the installation dialog
Step 4. Choose a Hard Drive
Select a destination hard drive for installation of the software and click "Continue."
Step 5. Click "Install."
Step 6. Authorize the installer if necessary.
Step 7. Close the installer.
Click "Close" after the installation has finished to exit the installer.
How to Print
Step 1. Choose File → Print
The appearance of the File menu or the process to send a document to the printer may vary depending on the application you are printing from.
Step 2. Choose the Printer
Select the "PolyCard Printers — Library" printer from the print dialog box and click "Print".
Step 3. User/Document Name
After sending the job to print, a Pharos Popup dialog box will appear and ask for a username or ID. Enter your username or name your document and click "Print." This name will be used in step 4 to help you identify your document in case other people have submitted documents for printing at the same time.
Step 4. Release the print job.
Proceed to a printing station and release the print job with your PolyCard. Instructions for this process are located at each individual print station.
Unsupported Operating System
Oops! We're sorry. It looks like we don't support your operating system. Supported operating systems are:
Other Ways to Print
All of our 300+ computers located throughout the library are able to print to the Polycard printers. You can also bring your file on a flash drive to Pony Prints.