Looking for a particular newspaper?
You can look up an online newspapers by title in our Journals and Newspapers Online database.
Hint for LexisNexis
In LexisNexis you can limit by the type of document you want. For example, you can limit to transcripits if you want to search for transcripts of recorded broadcasts.
Online Collegiate Newspapers
If you want to find out what online collegiate newspapers are saying, try a Google search like the following:
swine flu daily site:.edu
Here, swine flu is your topic, daily brings up a word frequent in collegiate newspapers, and the “site:.edu” brings only results from edu sites.
(Make sure there is no space between site, colon, and .edu)
- LexisNexis Academic
- Provides full-text of current (and older) issues of major newspapers including the New York Times and news magazines, published since late 1980s. Provides full-text transcripts from non-print news media such as National Public Radio, CNN, Fox, ABC, etc.
- ProQuest Newsstand
- Provides full-text articles from 500 national and international newspapers, including the New York Times (1980-current) and Los Angeles Times (1985-current).
- ProQuest Historical Newspapers
- Provides articles and images from the New York Times, 1851-2003, and the Los Angeles Times, 1881-1985.
- Ethnic NewsWatch
- Provides full-text articles from newspapers, magazines, and journals from the ethnic, minority and native press from 1990 to the present.
- California Newspapers (Newsbank)
- A full-text collection of major dailies and regional papers from over 20 California newspapers. Includes the Tribune and Fresno Bee. Coverage dates vary and the newspapers may be searched individually or in groups. Select "NewsBank California Newspaper Package" from the opening screen.
- San Luis Obispo Tribune
- Also available from 03/01/2001 to present in California Newspapers Certain freelance articles may not be available.
- ABI/INFORM provides in-depth coverage of business issues, management techniques, competitive information, and a variety of other topics. It indexes and abstracts articles from more than 1,000 leading business and management publications, including over 350 English-language titles from outside the United States. More than half of the articles are available in full-text or full-image.
- Mustang Daily