Administrative Support Assistant II
Library Services (Kennedy Library) is responsible for planning, implementing and managing campus-wide information resources and related services with an annual budget of $7+ million and approximately 50 staff. Library Services has multiple departments: Academic Services, Information Resources and Resources Sharing, Library Information Technology, Special Collections and Archives, and External Relations, in addition to Library Administration Services.
The Library Administrative Services department provides faculty, staff and management with comprehensive support in the areas of scheduling, fiscal planning, operations, building and facilities issue reporting, event planning and personnel management. The Library Administrative Services staff work closely with other library departments to ensure smooth and efficient services in support of library services and operations as well as campus goals and programs.
The purpose of this position is to provide reception, independent clerical support for all staff within the library dean’s office, basic office management, and assistance to those making inquiries to the dean’s office via phone, email, or in person, as needed. Working with the dean and the administrative services director, this position provides primary administrative and clerical support for the dean’s office: office reception, administrative services and external relations clerical support and general record keeping. The incumbent will serve as the first point of contact to all visitors and assists the administrative office staff in the overall operations of the Library Dean’s Office, with full accountability to ensure continuous, timely, and efficient workflow. It is critical that the incumbent maintain a high level of professionalism and confidentiality at all times.
- Ability to handle a fast-paced work schedule, with frequent disruptions, while maintaining composure and professionalism under difficult circumstances.
- Ability to perform moderate to complex clerical assignments using sound judgment and discretion. Ability to perform most or all work assignments in a relatively independent manner.
- Ability to work at a high level of productivity and accuracy. Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Knowledge of basic office protocols, procedures and practices, and ability to establish and maintain records and files.
- Ability to interpret, communicate and apply established policies, procedures and precedents.
- Demonstrated positive and professional customer service skills requiring a very high level of diplomacy and professionalism to interact and communicate with administrators, faculty, students, and on- and off-campus callers/visitors with patience and sensitivity. Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality. Ability to represent the library to the public in a professional manner.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills. Ability to independently prioritize, coordinate, and complete tasks and projects through the use of initiative, creative problem-solving, sound decision-making, and follow-through.
- Ability to use good judgment and discretion to address problems and develop practical and thorough solutions. Ability to interpret, communicate and apply policies and procedures.
- Ability to adapt to changing environments and policies, learn new procedures and technology, and apply knowledge with authority as appropriate.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic functions of a transactional nature to support ordering, spreadsheet calculations, and simple budgeting and reporting.
- Ability to initiate, establish, and foster communication and teamwork by maintaining a positive, cooperative, productive work atmosphere in and outside the University with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships within a diverse population and with those from various cultural backgrounds. Ability to cultivate and maintain a positive and productive team working atmosphere.
- Thorough knowledge of English grammar, spelling and punctuation. Excellent communication skills; ability to effectively communicate information in a clear and understandable manner, both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency with a variety of computer applications including word-processing, spreadsheets, databases, on-line systems, Internet as well as online calendaring and email.
- Basic knowledge of or ability to quickly learn University infrastructure, policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated skills in an institutional/educational environment utilizing a customer-oriented and service-centered attitude.
How to apply
To apply, visit WWW.CALPOLYJOBS.ORG to complete the required online staff application and apply to requisition #104916. Applicants will have the option of attaching a Cover Letter, Resume and three Letters of Recommendation via the online employment system. Applicants needing computer/internet access may contact Cal Poly Human Resources at: (805) 756-2236, for information on available resources.
At California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, we believe that cultivating an environment that embraces and promotes diversity is fundamental to the success of our students, our employees and our community. Bringing people together from different backgrounds, experiences and value systems fosters the innovative and creative thinking that exemplifies Cal Poly’s values of free inquiry, cultural and intellectual diversity, mutual respect, civic engagement, and social and environmental responsibility.
Cal Poly’s commitment to diversity informs our efforts in recruitment, hiring and retention. California Polytechnic State University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer employer/minorities/females/vet/disability.
About Kennedy Library
Integrating traditional library resources and services with digital tools, the Robert E. Kennedy Library continuously adapts its services, programs, and spaces to meet the evolving academic programs, research interests, and needs of the university community. Providing access to information resources, classrooms, computer labs, an expansive 24-hour space, and an array of group and individual study spaces, Kennedy Library is a magnet for students and faculty alike. Annual visitors exceed 1.4 million. Kennedy Library’s innovative peer-to-peer learning and reference program simultaneously leverages the benefits of student-to-student learning and Cal Poly’s signature pedagogical ethos of Learn by Doing. There is an active Student Library Advisory Council and in 2014 the Kennedy Library received the prestigious ACRL Excellence in Academic Libraries award. The library partners with campus organizations to promote faculty development and student success, including several that are located in the library: the Center for Teaching, Learning and Technology; the Academic Skills Center; and the Honors Program. In addition, the University Writing and Rhetoric Center will soon find a new home in the library. In testimony to the perceived value of the Robert E. Kennedy Library across the entire campus, various stakeholders and the library are in the process of strategizing, planning and launching a fully funded renovation, which will increase the library’s ability to provide services and spaces to further support student and faculty success.
Administrative Services is a six-person team, that is part of the larger library services division. The office environment is highly collaborative, fast-paced, and customer service focused. Administrative Services is the glue of the library – their goal is to make the running of the library easier for library faculty and staff by maintaining the library’s operations and infrastructure including budget analysis, facilities maintenance, administrative support, human resources, scheduling, and recruitment to name just a few.
About Cal Poly
Cal Poly is a nationally ranked comprehensive public university located in San Luis Obispo, California. With more than 18,000 undergraduates and approximately 1000 graduate students, Cal Poly fosters teaching, scholarship, and service in a learn-by-doing environment where students and faculty are partners in discovery. As a polytechnic university, Cal Poly promotes the application of theory to practice. As a comprehensive institution, Cal Poly provides a balanced education in the arts, sciences, and technology, while encouraging cross-disciplinary and co-curricular experiences. As an academic community, Cal Poly values free inquiry, cultural and intellectual diversity, mutual respect, civic engagement, and social and environmental responsibility.
For more information, see: https://afd.calpoly.edu/hr/job-opportunities/prospective
Cal Poly’s location in San Luis Obispo makes it one of the best places to visit. It’s a quintessential coastal California town with some 43,000 residents. Located halfway between San Francisco and Los Angeles and just minutes from beaches, state parks, landmarks and premium wine regions, it’s also a popular vacation spot. Sunset Magazine has called it the most Californian place in all of California.
The city of San Luis Obispo offers a historic, restored downtown full of restaurants, theatres, art galleries and shops centered around San Luis Obispo Creek, Mission San Luis Obispo and Mission Plaza. San Luis Obispo’s Thursday night Farmer’s Market on Higuera Street has become a model for cities around the state. It’s a mix of fresh produce and flowers, baked goods, restaurant fare and free music all within strolling distance.
San Luis Obispo is just minutes from some of California’s best beaches and original beach cities: Avila Beach (10 miles), Pismo Beach (12 miles), Morro Bay (17 miles), Montaña de Oro State Park (18 miles), Cayucos (18 miles), the Pismo Dunes (28 miles) and world-famous Hearst Castle ( 45 miles).