- Cal Poly authors policy statement (Special Collections and Archives)
- Collection development policy (Special Collections and Archives)
- Copyright guidelines (Special Colections and Archives)
- Reading room guidelines (Special Collections and Archives)
- Reproduction policy (Special Collections and Archives)
General Department Information
The Special Collections and Archives Department in the Robert E. Kennedy Library is the official repository for rare and unique research materials owned by the university. Please see our Collection Development Policy above, and our collection pages, for more details regarding the materials we collect.
The staff of Special Collections and Archives appraises, acquires, arranges and describes these materials for the purpose of preserving them and making them accessible to both the Cal Poly community and the larger research community for research and exhibition purposes.
The department maintains these research materials separately from Kennedy Library’s general stack collections due to their rare/unique qualities, physical condition, and/or format.
As many of our holdings are acquired through gift deed, the Special Collections Department welcomes referrals by Cal Poly faculty and staff as well as the public regarding potential collections. Please contact the department staff at ude.yloplacnull@sevihcra for more information on donating to Special Collections and Archives.