An exhibition of Polytechnic furniture artists and Vellum Design winners
Assembly Required highlights the craftsmanship and innovation of Cal Poly student furniture artists. The winners from the 2011 Vellum/College of Architecture and Environmental Design (CAED) Furniture Competition and Exhibition are a central feature of the exhibit. Curated by co-organizer and Associate Professor Tom di Santo from the architecture department, the custom-designed pieces fabricated by the CAED students combine elegant craft with a reverence for sustainable design.
The exhibit also includes pieces made from recycled books. Professor Tom Fowler (CAED) challenged his third-year studio design students to design and build furniture using books in a four-day period from start to finish. The result is a collection of inspired furniture that celebrates repurposed materials.
- Exhibit: Monday, November 7 January 6, 2012
- Location: Robert E. Kennedy Library, Learning Commons 2nd floor.
- The exhibition is free and open to the public during regular library hours.
- Sponsored by Library Services
See the assembling in action
Come and join us to get a hands-on lesson in the making of papercraft furniture. All materials are supplied and the papercraft assembly is open to everyone.
- Event: Furniture Papercraft
- Date: Tuesday, November 8th, 2011
- Time: 11am1pm
- Location: 2nd floor Learning Commons, Kennedy Library
- Exhibit eCard (PDF)
Metered parking is available in the H2 lot adjacent to the Library. Additional parking is available by purchasing a $5.00 general use permit from the Grand Avenue kiosk.
» More Parking Information