Teachers' Resource Collection
The Teachers Resource Center (TRC) collection supports the needs of undergraduate students in the Liberal Studies Department, single- and multi-subject teaching credential programs, and the School of Education.
For more information about what is in the Teachers Resource Center and how to find specific resources, please read our Teachers Resource Center Research Guide.
TRC Collection Areas
The TRC acts as a both a California Department of Education Learning Resources Display Center (LRDC) and an example of a K-12 school library.
- State Adopted Textbooks, K-8
- The LRDC contains K-8 California state adopted textbooks, teacher's edition textbooks, manipulatables, supplemental fiction and non-fiction books, and science experiments kits. LRDC materials are on loan from the State of California. The subjects (reading, language arts, music, science, health, mathematics, social studies, and multicultural education) are updated every seven years on a rotating schedule. These materials are for reference only and may not be checked out of the Library.
- School Library Collection
- The TRC also consists of a special collection library with fiction and non-fiction books ranging from kindergarten to twelfth grade. The fiction consists of award winning titles, award winning authors and illustrators, notable books, multicultural books, and books that meet the local, state and federal school curriculum standards. The non-fiction books also supplement these standards.
- Picture Books and Big Books
- In an effort to support campus families, the ASI Children's Center and the Preschool Learning Lab there are a small number of picture books intended for children K-3 and "big books" suitable for reading aloud to groups of children.
For more information please contact Jeanine Scaramozzino by email or by phone (756-5677).