View a list of our newest books.
- Article Databases
- Article databases help you find the articles and research information that you need. Find databases listed by topic, by database name, or do a quick search to find just a few articles.
- Kennedy Library has more than 600,000 books in its main collections on the third, fourth, and fifth floors of the Library. All are cataloged in the Library's online catalog, PolyCat. Your recommendations for additions to the collection are welcome.
» Link+ (to get resources from another library)
» eBooks (to read online)
» Book Request Form
- Browsing Collections
- New scholarly books are located on the first floor, near the Research Help Desk, off the elevator lobby, with comfy seating nearby. Popular reading books are in our Good Reads collection, which is located on the second floor by Julian's café, near the newspapers. The check out period is three weeks.
- Current Periodicals
- The Library's current print journals and magazines are located in a reading area on the first floor in Room 111. Current newspapers are located on the second floor near Julian's Café. In addition, the Library receives nearly 60,000 current journals online. These can be found in our Journals and Newspapers database or in PolyCat.
- Data, GIS & Maps
- We have a comprehensive collection of data sets, GIS and mapping resources which can be of use to any major. Maps are located on the first floor in Room 111C, where you'll also find GIS assistance from expert staff and students.
- Find more online resources and guidances from the Data & GIS Services Research Guide.
- Digital Commons is the university's institutional repository, collecting, preserving, and providing online access to full-text scholarly work created by students, faculty, and administrators at Cal Poly. The repository also provides online access to relevant full-text documents created by research centers, conferences, and institutes at Cal Poly. Members of the Cal Poly academic community are invited to contribute completed scholarship for long-term preservation and worldwide electronic accessibility through the DigitalCommons.
- Master's Theses and Senior Projects
- Senior projects and master's theses created by Cal Poly students are submitted to the Kennedy Library from each academic department and become part of our collection.
» Senior Projects
» Master's Theses
- Special Collections
- The Special Collections Department, on the fourth floor of the Kennedy Library, contains primary source collections in disciplines taught at Cal Poly, including architecture and the built environment of California; fine printing and graphic arts; and local, regional and California history, with a special emphasis on ethnic studies and environmental history.
- Teachers' Resource Collection
- The Teachers' Resource Collection (TRC, formerly Learning Resource Collection) on the second floor of the Kennedy Library, provides access to contemporary educational resources that support the curriculum in the School of Education within the College of Science and Mathematics, and that contribute to research and innovation in the areas of education theory, curriculum design and assessment.
- University Archives
- University Archives, on the fourth floor of the Kennedy Library, contains original archival materials documenting the history, growth and development of Cal Poly from its founding in 1901 to the present day, including vintage photographs, campus newspapers, course catalogs, yearbooks, and other archival materials.
- Occasional updates about the Library's collections, including news about major additions to the collections, journal and database cancellations, or other important developments in Kennedy Library's collections.