The Institute for Dynamic Educational Advancement just released a report with observations on web user usability expectations – observations range from “like, DUH!” to a more thoughtful “Hmmm”.
- Easy access to complete information is key to visitor enjoyment.
- Good visual design and up-to-date information are critical.
- Visitors want information fast
- Visitors still need handholding.
- Designers underestimate the thresholds for an effective site
- Visitors want a broad range of topics.
- Designers are overly optimistic about visitors’ ability to maintain orientation.
- Visitors point to the lack of breadth and depth of site content as causing an “Information Gap.”