Interesting statistical information sent in by Marisa Ramirez, Kennedy Library Digital Repository Librarian:
An interesting study from ECAR (Educause Center for Applied Research) was released on Oct. 22. “The ECAR Study of Undergraduate Students and Information Technology, 2009.”The key findings are quite interesting. Here are a few of them.
- 79% of freshmen own a laptop one year old or newer.
- 2/3 of all students report owning a desktop or laptop 2years old or newer.
- Almost 95% of students use the library website weekly.
- Over 90% students use SNS.Almost 90% students use text messaging.
- Use of instant messaging is down to 74% of students.