Miss last week’s online training for creating accessible PDFs? Fear not! Adobe and the CSU have made the hour-long session available online.
Want to know the secret ingredients? Here you go:
- Start with a well structured Word Document that
- Is made with Styles instead of arbitrary font resizing or bolding
- Includes alt tags for images
- Uses the table tool to display table-formated content (instead of inching words over with the tab key)
- Learn the preferences you’ll need in Adobe Acrobat
My above points won’t make you PDF-King-of-the-World (there are too many requirements to let that happen to anyone), but will at least make the overall process a bit easier for you to manage.
Next up is advanced training; I’ll post something on the blog when I know more.