Recent activities will be published soon.
- Creation and adoption of a Constitution (PDF)
- Creation and adoption of Bylaws (PDF)
- Since the inaugural survey, a renovation of the atrium was implemented, over 1000 more power outlets were added, Friday and Saturday library hours were increased, and 10 LCD screens were added to display computer availability throughout the library.
- SLAC sent out a survey to 25% of all Cal Poly students in Winter 2012 to get their opinion on Kennedy Library.
- Specific recommendations and actions, focused on four high priority areas:
- Longer hours, from staying open later on Fridays and Saturdays to 24-hour access to the whole building
- More study spaces for groups and individuals
- More stationary computers
- More food options at Julian’s
- Spring 2012 Memo to University Librarian (PDF)
SLAC began the year by deciding to focus on making small changes that will make a big difference to Cal Poly students. They designed and carried out a survey of 25% Cal Poly students in Fall quarter to determine what changes to focus on based on student priorities.
- Specific recommendations and actions, focused on five high priority areas:
- Later main library hours on Friday and Saturday nights.
- Adding access to power for laptop users.
- Creating a more welcoming environment through more student artwork, more comfortable chairs, etc.
- Improving usability of the Atrium as a study area.
- Increasing access to desktop computers.
- Winter 2011 Memo to Library Dean (PDF)
In its first year, the founding Council members began meeting weekly in April and in the course of only two months, advised the Library on how to reach students through both web- and print-based media. They also provided significant input to the Library’s website, resulting in improved access to Library social media sites, and easier access to information about Library study spaces and computing resources. They also provided leadership and direction to students continuing their work in the following year.