Email the Research Help Desk
- Be clear and precise
If the question is not clear, Electronic Reference will respond asking for more detailed and specific information.
- Make your question(s) clear and concise.
- Share appropriate keywords and phrases for your subject
- Include sources you've already consulted
- Tell us what you are looking for
- A specific piece of information: (a statistic, a fact, etc.)?
- A relevant online or print resource to search through for a project or a paper?
- Research consultation and assistance?
How We Can Help You Via Email
- Response Time
- Typically within 24 hours, Monday through Friday
- Answers to Specific Questions
- The Electronic Reference service can help you find the answers to specific reference questions. If extensive time is required to answer the question, Electronic Reference will contact you to clarify the question or refer you to online and/or print sources that can be used to answer your question.
- Referral to Relevant Online and/or Print Sources
- Electronic Reference can refer you to relevant Electronic and/or print sources such as books, articles, and other materials required for term papers, senior projects, or master theses, etc.
- Referral to Subject Specialists
- If the question and project cannot be adquately handled by the Electronic Reference, you will be referred to a subject specialist. Subject specialists can be contacted by e-mail, phone, or in-person at the Reference Department on the 1st floor of the library.