Welcome to Kennedy Library
A Library with a Difference, Making a Difference
In what is a strikingly transformative time for higher education, university libraries are uniquely positioned to make a difference in student learning both inside and beyond the classroom. Through their innovative programs and creative stewardship, libraries are also helping to shape and inspire exciting new forms of scholarship and communication.
At Kennedy Library we continually look for new ways to meet Cal Poly student and faculty needs, and to help them fulfill their aspirations. By listening to our community and through our many collaborations and partnerships with students, faculty, and staff, we have found new opportunities to extend the reach and excellence of Cal Poly's library by:
- Creating exciting, technology-rich spaces for student and faculty collaboration;
- Supporting students as they learn to think critically and creatively in using and communicating information in all its forms;
- Providing desktop access to the best professional and scholarly information available;
- Creating a welcoming and supportive academic environment with ready access to informal and formal assistance and coaching to enhance student success;
- Promoting learning and research across all disciplines;
- Showcasing the impact of the faculty and student scholarship by sharing their work in our Digital Commons; and
- Fostering awareness and conversation about the diverse issues and perspectives that challenge our community and reach across colleges, generations, and professions.
I invite you to explore our library both in person and through our web site. Thank you for your interest, support, and ideas. Your engagement is the key to sustaining Kennedy Library’s innovation and excellence as a vibrant center of Learn by Doing at Cal Poly.
Anna Gold, University Librarian