Question 4: Scheduling Collaboration Rooms
Many of you have requested that we have collaboration rooms (group study rooms) available to schedule how do you feel about this?
|I don't think the rooms need to be scheduled||57||12%|
|A mix of scheduled/unschedule rooms would work best||397||84%|
|All collaboration rooms should be scheduled||11||2%|
- The big nice rooms on the second floor need scheduling for most effective use by large groups. Right now some rooms seem underutilized by only 2 or 3 people at a time.
- this could be done a day in advance; but should be followed through so that a room doesnt stay empty and unused.
- having someone checking on the rooms to make sure they are not being monopolized by one person would be nice
- More enforcement against group rooms being used by single people would also alleviate some of the usage
- Rooms are always full and I dont know who to talk to to check one out
- 2/3 free rooms and 1/3 scheduled
- Some rooms do need to be scheduled (such as when rooms are only being taken up by one person) but others definitely should not. Especially for last minute meetings.
- I like the collaboration rooms by myself because often the library is too noisy and crowded for me to concentrate.
- Sometimes I walk by and see one person in the room; when there is a group working at a table outside. I don't think that's fair.
- Primarily unscheduled rooms would be best; but a few scheduled rooms are good for students who absolutely need to have opportunity to study together
- I like first come; first serve. otherwise there will be a lot of no-shows and rooms wouldn't be used to max potential
- maybe only scheduled around finals
- Have some only for reserve others first come first serve
- Sometimes it would be nice to know that you can reserve one. Many times; "free for all" just means "don't even try; it's going to be taken anyway."
- I feel that if youor come to the library at the right time; there are plenty of rooms open
- this way if you need to reserve one you can; but there still are rooms available for who ever.
- There are too many flaky people at college; many rooms would go unused and BOOKED
- More unscheduled rooms than scheduled rooms.
- Some people just spend the whole day in their it's pretty annoying.
- It's convenient to be able to schedule a room; but it would be nice to be able to use a room last minute
- Scheduled would help in some cases but I think unscheduled still works fine.
- Just more rooms would be good
- There should also be a minimum of 3-4 members before being able to schedule one. A lot of times I see people hanging out in the rooms with only 2 people and not even collaborative
- I think it's fair to have a scheduling system; but also unscheduled. More scheduled rooms than unscheduled though.
- More available study rooms would help the problem of the search for study rooms
- Most group project meetings are scheduled; so it seems natural that group study rooms should be scheduled; as well
- From what i've seen; there are usually 1-2 collaboration rooms open during a given time period. However; making a couple of them scheduled would help out those students who desperately need the room during peak hours of use.
- half should be scheduled