Question 1: Printing Preferences
The library is involved in campus efforts to “go green” and eliminate waste so that we have money to provide you with additional cool services. Would you be opposed to changing the PolyCard printer default settings to “black, two-sided” if you had the ability to choose color or single-sided printing as an option when needed?
|Yes, Change the default setting to “black, two-sided”||386||81%|
|No, I wish to keep the default at "color, single-sided"||80||17%|
- more economical
- I normally change the settings to black; two sided anyway. Color seems like a major waste of ink for most prints.
- Not many people think of changing the settings so it is a waste of paper to only use one side.
- Are current printers capable of printing two-sides at once? It would be great if we could do that.
- But be sure to notify the students
- Have notices to let everyone know once they print
- The black;2-sided option is great to have a default but I hope I can still have the option to make is colored; 2-sided as well.
- I do that now!
- Many people do not know how to switch from 1 to 2 sided so instructions on how to do that near the computers or printers would be appreciated.
- I think this is a VERY good idea.
- No; make it BLACK; one-sided
- I would recommend to increase the thickness of the paper to compensate for writing on printed paper.
- i always do!
- Will we be able to opt for color on a case-by-case basis?
- I'd also like to be able to scan in documents... essentially copying them without printing.
- Many professors do not like double-sided assignments.
- i use that setting anyways; so you'd just be making things easier for me!
- Cheaper is better; and it's easier for students to print out without worrying about it.
- Although the two-sided pages have a better value; yet many students love the convenience of great and speedy color prints!
- Color; two-sided should be an option
- yes; as long as its easy and clear that it will be printing two-sided before printed
- I always print black; two sided on my printer at home. This is a good idea!
- it will save me money
- I think it would be too much of a hassle to change to single sided. When I go to the library I usually print important documents instead of packets
- i do this anyway; but it would be better overall i think
- Most people don't read and won't make the change on their own.
- hard to print final reports or hand ins with two sided only.
- Maybe have both
- Black one sided
- a one-sided "recycled paper" option for reusing paper that's been printed on a single side would be cool too
- If you do change; put a big sign saying that it is printing two sided so people won't get confused.
- however make sure to let people know or else people will end up accidentally printing on the default setting when they need somthing else and have to print twice.
- I don't see the need to print color copies unless if was for art class.
- If color is necessary; the user should be able to change it herself.
- color; 2-sided
- Also the payment should per page should be reduced since we would be using half as much paper.
- As long as you keep the option for color; single-sided.
- don't mind getting rid of color; but teachers don't like two sided
- Just make sure it's clear that it will be like that and HOW to change it.
- wouldn't be opposed to default set to black; single-sided
- as long as the printers were fore warned
- What kind of paper are you using?
- printing is confusing
- This is a great idea. Most items that I print are simply research notes and other disposable items. Having a double sided printer would be awesome because it is cheaper for us and beneficial to the costs of the school
- Will double-sided be acceptable for use when submitting research papers to professors? That kind of coordination seems...
- two-sided saves paper!
- Sounds great as long as we can change the settings to single sided when we need to turn in papers
- helps save ink and paper if needed can still be changed to color
- Just want to make sure that it would be clear and easy to change it to single sided
- Make it known that users can select two-sided printing