Leadership and Membership
The Council votes for the chair, vice-chair, and secretary for the upcoming academic year at the end of Spring Quarter. The chair and vice-chair consult with the Associate University Librarian and the Library Faculty Advisor(s) to develop agendas and track follow-up actions. The secretary takes minutes and conveys content to be posted to the Library’s Facebook page.
Members of the Council are selected through an application process and interview.
» See representation on the Charter page.
Applying to join SLAC
If there are openings on the Council, recruitment of new members commences Spring quarter.
Interested students should submit a cover letter and resume containing the following information to the SLAC Faculty Advisor by the end of the second week of Spring quarter:
- Name and contact information
- Interview availability
- College and major, graduate or undergraduate
- Expected date of graduation
- Number of years available to serve on SLAC (maximum term is 2 years)
- Note how you heard abut SLAC and your relationship to any current members
- Please describe what you know about SLAC and what issues you would be interested in working on as a member of SLAC
- Please list other campus club, committee, and group affiliations (ASI, Student Campus Computing Committee (SC3), Housing, College Boards, fraternity/sorority, etc.)
- For Library student assistants list current position and supervisor