Library Values Statement
The Kennedy Library has been engaged in a strategic planning process that began last March. As we develop and refine our mission and goals, we would like to share with you our values statement.
From Kennedy Library's 2009-2010 Annual Publication (11MB PDF).
- Our motivation:
- Value the scholar in everyone.
- The library is committed to valuing the scholar in everyone by demonstrating a culture of service, collaboration, innovation, community, and inclusive excellence.
- We embrace our role as educators and as a "common good" providing excellent service to support instruction and create an effective research environment.
- We inspire excellence by creating a dynamic learning and teaching environment that uses a polytechnic perspective to help shape the future.
- We foster an atmosphere of collaboration, by being the catalyst for discovery, engagement, and partnerships that support learning.
- We contribute to the intellectual and cultural life of campus by serving as a hub for scholarly and creative academic engagement across all our communities.
- Inclusive Excellence:
- We encourage inclusiveness by promoting understanding, learning, respect, and appreciation of all people represented at Cal Poly and beyond.